Table of Contents
2. Collection of personal information.
4. Quality of personal information.
5. Storage and security of personal information.
6. Accessing and correcting your personal information.
8. How to make a complaint
9. How to contact us
10. Policy Changes.
The Frontier Touring Co Pty Ltd (ACN 005 602 602) (Frontier) and Victorian Arts Centre Trust trading as Arts Centre Melbourne (ABN 83 295 983 059) (ACM) (together we, us and our) respect the privacy of the individuals it deals with, and is committed to complying with our obligations under applicable privacy legislation, which in the case of Frontier are the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) which are contained in the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) and which in the case of ACM are the Information Privacy Principles (IPP) which are contained in the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
2. Collection of personal information
At all times we try to only collect the information we need for the particular function or activity we are carrying out. The main way we collect personal information about you is when you give it to us.
We may collect both anonymous information and personal information through the Sites.
Anonymous information is information that does not identify you. It includes:
a. analytics information – this is information that we log regarding access and use of the Website, including details of any computer used to access the Website (such as IP address, host and browser type), the date and time of access and details of webpages accessed and information downloaded; and
b. profile information, if any – this is information that you provide for your online profile, including your music preferences, entertainment preferences and region.
Personal information is information that could identify you. The personal information we hold may include, for example, your name, contact details such as telephone number, postal address and email address or other information provided by you if you have requested services from us, participated in one of our promotions, or joined our mailing list.
If you are under the age of thirteen (13) years old, you should only submit personal information about yourself with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Use Of Information collected
The primary purpose for which we collect personal information is so that we can provide you with our goods and services. We may also use personal information to send you information about our activities, or about goods or services that we believe may be relevant or useful to you.
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- to provide certain features or functionality or to improve your user experience, for example by suggesting artists or tours and displaying information about events that are local to you;
- to enable you to access certain features of the Sites;
- for the purposes of conducting promotions;
- for our own statistical and internal business purposes and to improve the Sites;
- for advertising and business promotion purposes, for example to measure the effectiveness of any advertisements displayed on the Sites.
In other respects, we will only use personal information with your consent, or if we are required or permitted by law to do so. In particular, your information will not be disclosed to any overseas recipients without your prior consent.
Likewise, Frontier may use the personal information collected by any of our related companies in the same way as those companies can use your personal information under their separate Privacy Policies.
We utilise cookies from third parties when you visit and use our Sites.
You can block cookies on your computer, however this may degrade your user experience onthe Sites. To find out how to see what cookies have been set and how to reject and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
We may utilise cookies provided by Google, Inc (Google) to help analyse how users use the Sites. The information generated by these cookies is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
We may, from time to time, use the following services provide by Google which utilise cookies. These include Google Analytics, Google Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
To opt-out of personalized ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences
We may collect your email and, if you provide it, other contact details when you subscribe to our email list, join our membership lists, or enter our promotions.We only use this information for the purpose that we informed you of at the time that you supplied this information.
There are limited circumstances where we must disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- where we are required to by law;
- where we need to in order to fulfil the purpose for which you disclosed the personal information, including but not limited to providing the information to our related companies for the purposes of supplying you with information about other tours when you have requested;
- to third parties to whom we contract out specialised functions (eg mailing houses, printing companies and storage servers). If we do disclose personal information to third party contractors under outsourcing or contracting arrangements, we will take steps to ensure that those contractors only use your personal information in order to provide the specific services or to perform the specific functions required by us and store your personal information securely and only for as long as it is necessary to provide the required services or perform the required function; or
- when you authorise us to do so (for example, through your profile settings).
Other than these limited circumstances, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party (including advertisers or other companies) unless you have authorised us to do so.
4. Quality of personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up to date. These include:
- taking care to accurately collect and store the information you provide to us;
- where possible, running update campaigns to refresh the information that we collect from you; and
- providing you access to check and the quality of your personal information and promptly correcting any personal information that you notify us of as being inaccurate.
5. Storage and security of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold secure from unauthorised disclosure or access, including:
- restricting access to authorised personnel only and imposing strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties who store the personal information on our behalf as to how they store and handle personal information; and
- regularly assessing the risk of personal information being accessed or disclosed without authorisation and taking all reasonable measures to mitigate those risks.
You agree that for us to provide the Sites and any incidental goods and services, we may need to store or transfer your personal information to servers located outside of Australia.
6. Accessing and correcting your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We also take steps to maintain the security of all personal information provided by you and to prevent misuse or unauthorised access to that information.
Under the Privacy Act (Australian Privacy Principles 12 and 13) you have the right to ask for access to personal information that Frontier holds about you and ask that we correct that information.
If at any time you wish to access or correct your personal details that Frontier holds about you, please let us know using the contact details below and Frontier will comply with your request. We will ask you to verify your identity before we will disclose the personal information you request or modify that information.
Under the IPPs, you have a right to ask for access to personal information that ACM holds about you by making a Freedom of Information request to ACM. For more information, refer to https://www.artscentremelbourne.com.au/freedom-of-information.
If at any time you do not wish to be notified about goods, services and promotions offered by Frontier, or if you don’t wish to receive any further communications from us, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If at any time you do not wish to be notified about goods, services and promotions offered by ACM, or if you don’t wish to receive any further communications from us, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
8. How to make a complaint
9. How to contact us
Frontier – by mail:
The Frontier Touring Co Pty Ltd
c/o Business & Legal Affairs
Dundas Lane, Albert Park, Victoria 3206
Frontier- by email:
ACM – by email:
10. Policy Changes